Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Angel's Winter-Spring Transition Style Picks

The weather is ranging from the 30's-40's. That means the colored-khaki shorts and cropped Lulus have reemerged from Colgate student's closets, haha. For all of you who don't believe the 30's qualify as shorts temperature, you should know that last month was a rough time-- basically, everyone would cheer when the weather surpassed the negatives...

The best part about this weather is that I can finally wear my leather riding boots again! It's not quite time to store my heavy-duty 'Joan of Arctic' winter boots for good, but it's nice getting those clumpy shoes off my feet for a while.

Here are some of the cute things I love to wear during the lovely transition time between Winter and Spring in Upstate NY.

My Go-To Outfit
When I don't know what to wear, here are the basics I need to build a quick outfit.

1) Cozy Cardigan or Structured Jacket
2) Layering Tanks and Tees
3) Leggings/Jeans
4) Boots (Riding/Military/Booties/all the boots!)
5) Dainty Accessories (My personal everyday accessories are my jade studs my boyfriend gifted me from a Native American jewelry vendor in New Mexico, my Alex and Ani lady bug bangle, and my blue elephant bracelet by Cruciani.)
6) A neutral everyday bag


Transition Time Lust List

Cozy Cardis 

Apricot Long-sleeved Shawl-Inspired Cardigan by Sheinside (only $20 right now!)



Structured Jackets
Troopa Jacket by Talula, Aritzia ($130)
TROOPER JACKET | Aritzia
Talula Troopa Jacket, Aritzia ($120)
TROOPER JACKET | Aritzia
Talula Troop Jacket, $110
TROOP JACKET | Aritzia
Talula Akasaka Jacket, $120... okay, I'm apparently obsessed with all of Aritizia's Talula line jackets

The Downtown Field Jacket by J.Crew $148 (I bought this in Navy when it was on sale in Fall! I wear this thing to death. And Michelle Obama has it)



Layering Tanks and Tees
American Eagle Outfitters ($34.99)
AEO Embroidered Eyelet T-Shirt
Fluttered Top by Anthropologie $88
Fluttered Maya Blouse
Dusky Ombre Denim Top Anthropologie ($78)
Dusky Ombre Tee
Eyelit Hem-stitched peasant top by Madewell $88
Eyelet-Hem Stitched Peasant Top
Rivet and Threat Chambray Peplum Top Madewell $98
Rivet & Thread Chambray Peplum Tank
Brandy Melville Breanne Top, 21 (I actually bought this from the Boston Shopping District today!)

Leggings
Lululemon, $82
Wunder Under Pant

Booties
Schuler & Sons Chelsea Boots ($69, were $188) Anthropologie
Schuler & Sons Chelsea Booties

Also, warm socks :)
TNA Birken Socks (haha) from Aritzia $15

Dainty Accessories
American Eagle "Opal" Necklace ($9.50)
AEO Gemstone Necklace - Buy Two, Get One Free!
Full Swing Bracelet by Madewell $16.50 (was $24.99)
Neutral Bag
Willa Hobo Bag by Anthropologie ($249)
Willa Hobo Bag




No comments:

Post a Comment