Monday, June 10, 2013

People watching

    I looked through two car windows at the woman driving the beige car to our right. She was loosely gripping her steering wheel and staring straight ahead while her mouth moved along to the words of whatever song was playing on her stereo. She looked like she were in about her mid-twenties, and she was a Caucasian sporting glasses with her dirty-blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. I decided she were most likely listening to super black crunk music. "Do you ever make up stories about the people in the cars?" I asked my friend, Tofu.
    "No... sometimes, I try to figure out their story, but not make them up," he replied.
    "You should make up a story about the man on the pink bike," his mom said.
    I laughed, looking at the intersection where a grey-haired man in an equally grey t-shirt sat atop a pink and purple painted two-wheeler and waited for the cross-walk sign to change from the red hand to the still image of a stick figure made to look as if it were walking.  "It's... his daughter's bike," I conjectured. "And he's having a mid-life crisis so he's riding it around town."
    "Because he's trying to find himself," Tofu added.
    "Yeah," I concurred. "The man on his daughter's pink and purple bike is biking around town because he's having a mid-life crisis, and he's trying to find himself."
     I wonder if anyone made up stories about our lives. An Asian mom driving a car with her daughter sitting shot gun with her son and his best friend sitting in the backseat. I know what I'd probably make up. Asian mom driving a car with her daughter sitting shot gun with her son and his ex-fiance who he'd tried to elope with and marry in Vegas just a few hours prior to this moment, but his plan failed because his best friend, Ernie, who he'd also appointed to be his best man was kind of a dumb-ass and posted a picture on Facebook captioned "With my bffl and his gf in Vegas! #Bestman" which was then seen by Ernie's mom because she trolls his Facebook and was then shown to the ex-future-groom's mother who then raced to Vegas to call the whole thing off and ground her son for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment