Friday, June 7, 2013

My Teen Wolf Obsession

    A few weeks ago, one of my best friends, Rachel, introduced me to a show with like, one of the dumbest names ever- MTV's "Teen Wolf." With a title like that, one could only imagine the high level of predictability a series created with such a name could muster. I personally pictured a Jacob-esque protagonist, always shirtless, running around the forest and following a painful Twilight-inspired story line. Seriously. A teen wolf? Let's just say my expectations weren't high.
   But then everything changed when I watched the first episode. The cast was HOT and (though some characters seemed like total douchecanoes) lovable, the cinematography was pretty neat (cool camera angles, not too awkward CGI's), and the story made sense (which I always appreciate.)  
    Over the next few weeks proceeding my introduction to the fandom, I took advantage of Rachel's Netflix, racing to her house after school when I was supposed to be practicing for my AP Spanish final, watching episode after episode after episode. Then, I figured out all the episodes were free to watch on MTV.com. I died. And then after I died, I stayed up until 1 a.m. (which is really early for me! I love to sleep :) many nights in a row until I finished the second season just in time for the premiere of season 3 last Tuesday.
   Teen Wolf just gives me all the feels! It can sometimes have an borderline-unbearable level of angstyness and use of horror-style suspense music, but besides that, it's so perfect. I totes boats recommend it for anyone who's into romance, action, violence (but not too much violence, which I prefer), hot people, characters that are complicated and actually have depth to them, um.. wolves- that kinda thing. :)   
   


   




No comments:

Post a Comment